Duties are routinely in connection with the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings and related structures at the Wilds. This position will make repairs and modifications to existing habitats and buildings including but not limited to fences, animal areas, etc. Work will also include constructing new facilities.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Dependable vehicle.
• Good carpentry skills.
• Able to run various powered hand tools.
• Experience operator with tractor, skid loader, and other small equipment.
• Positive professional attitude.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it G.R.E.A.T. standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Wilds/Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment employment drug screening required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Performs minor repair work on structures.
• Constructs special items such as signs, recognition boards, education projects and concession operations.
• Constructs, modifies or repairs various types of wooden fencing, benches, decks and boardwalks.
• Helps construct new buildings such as; pole buildings, yurts, decks, wooden fences, etc.
• Maintains and repairs equipment and tools.
• May assist subcontractors with their on site duties.
• Provides support and assistance to any and all activities related to special events such as WildsFest.
• Assures safety of self, staff, animals and guests through regular participation in safety training and activities; compliance with standard operating procedures; and, proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Assists other facilities staff when required.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Wilds, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari and Golf Club.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and come to our upcoming recruitment event for an interview!
Wilds Seasonal Recruitment Event
Thursday, March 21st from 12-3 PM
Zane State College
The Campus Center, Room 430
Click here to apply!