Visitor highlights at the Wilds are our venues, making our housekeeping positions key to our visitor experience. Housekeepers will ensure that all areas are kept neat and clean, helping to enhance the visitor experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Positive, professional attitude.
• Ability to adapt easily to changing circumstances in a busy work place.
• Ability to operate a two way radio.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Wilds/Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment employment drug screening required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Acts as a representative of the Wilds including appropriate dress, language, and attitude in all activities upon arrival.
• Responsible for cleaning and maintaining all visitor areas during operation hours which include the Johnson Center, Overlook, Shelters and Carnivore.
• Responsible for maintaining all housekeeping storage areas.
• Responsible for inventory of all housekeeping supplies.
• Responsible for cleaning the Wilds administration building, clinic, animal management office/hoofstock building, operations support center, lakeside cabins, training center, lodge and Nomad Ridge.
• Responsible for daily trash removal/disposal: heavy lifting required.
• Responsible for removal/disposal of all recyclables according the recycling policy.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Wilds, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari and Golf Club.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and come to our upcoming recruitment event for an interview!
Wilds Seasonal Recruitment Event
Thursday, March 21st from 12-3 PM
Zane State College
The Campus Center, Room 430
Click here to apply!