• Serve the role as ambassador hosting the Zoo’s Birthday Parties for children up to age 12
• Provide a high level of guest satisfaction for parents and kids- Guest expectations are HUGE, so must be energetic, outgoing, and have excellent customer service/hosting skills
• Maintain a high level of energy and fun during the party- a passion for entertaining children on their birthdays and providing an unforgettable experience is a must!
• Responsible for preparation of birthday party room ensuring it is spotless, supplies and activities are ready to go, tables are clean, set up and ready to go, party paperwork has been reviewed, party signs are set up, and party is ready to go
• Enthusiastically lead the party activities which include: games, serving of food/cake and beverages, and recording presents received.
• Responsible for overall safety and well being of assigned party groups (e.g. being aware of any medical problems or special needs of the children)
• Responsible to thoroughly clean and reset the party room in preparation for the next party which includes: clearing dirty dishes, silverware, napkins, running dishwasher, vacuum, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.
• Work as a team and always be ready to assist co-workers
• Position is part-time and consists of two teams: Saturday team and Sunday team with some Fridays required. Both teams will be responsible for covering Friday parties on a rotational basis. Hours on Saturdays and Sundays are 9:00 am-6:30 pm, and on Fridays 3:00-6:30 pm . We are currently hiring for the Sunday team.
• Position is part-time and requires availability on Fridays 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm, Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am – 6:30 pm (Staff will rotated for hours, so you will have some weekend days off.)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• BA/BS in education, natural sciences, or other related field preferred with junior/senior status required if not degreed.
• Experience teaching informal classes, camps or birthday parties preferred.
• Able to work well with children.
• Able to balance multiple assignments successfully.
• Able to work in varied weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat, rain).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently.
• Able to maintain courteous and helpful behavior.
• Able and willing to rotate time within and outside of assigned region.
• Able to maintain appropriate employee appearance (see uniform guidelines in the employee handbook).
• New Hire TB test required.
• Able to work flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Subject to Drug Free Workplace Policy.
• Subject to BMV check.
• Subject to Criminal Background check.
Click here to apply!