Serves as after-hours receptionist and radio "base" operator.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• One year of experience answering phones and providing customer service preferred.
• Ability to be alert to potentially abnormal conditions.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it G.R.E.A.T. standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Ability to think and act quickly, with good judgment, in all situations, including emergencies.
• Operates two-way radio system, answering calls to "radio" from employees after regular operating hours and contacting appropriate individuals by radio as needed.
• Assists with Community Service Program.
• Monitors security cameras/front and service entrances and reports unusual activity to the Security Supervisor.
• Contacts emergency personnel as needed.
• Maintains log books (e.g. incoming telephone calls).
• Assists Security Staff on duty when special situations arise (e.g. Signal 1 or 2, rush deliveries).
• Enters and distributes incident and/or accident reports.
• Maintains confidentiality of information.
• Patrols Zoo, Zoombezi Bay and Safari Golf Club grounds during open and closed hours to ensure safety of employees, guests and animals and to assist with guest questions.
• Attends to any employees or guests that are injured until medical personnel arrives using trained CPR, ERT and AED Zoo practices.
• Escorts employees with deposits from various Zoo and Zoombezi Bay departments to Finance.
• Patrols building and grounds in designated areas, checks animal doors and windows for security, locks doors, and turns out lights.
• Completes and maintains daily duty log, incident reports, worker’s compensation documents, community service time sheets, first aid documents, money transfer logs, lost and found documents and any other required paperwork.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and The Wilds.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline for application is Friday, November 1, 2013. Click the link below to apply! EOE