Manages and facilitates daily revenue operations at Zoombezi Bay Water Park. Responsible for supervising food and beverage locations at Safari Golf Club. Assists with revenue operations at all properties (Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Safari Golf Club, and the Wilds) at the discretion of the Food and Beverage Assistant Director.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree restaurant management, business management or hospitality management required.
• 3-5 years experience in the food services industry required.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant supervisory experience required.
• Sanitation and safety certification required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations required.
• Ability to positively relate to customers, staff and visitors and resolve customer and employee problems required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make It Great standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Responsible for daily management, staffing and operation of all water park food and beverage locations, rentals, gift shop and retail carts.
• Responsible for supervising the food and beverage locations at Safari Golf Club.
• Assists revenue operations at all properties including Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Safari Golf Club, and the Wilds.
• Plans, assigns, trains and reviews the daily work of the food and beverage seasonal staff, takes appropriate action as it relates to job performance including but not limited to staff development and training, conducting performance appraisal reviews, facilitates disciplinary actions as necessary and assures a positive work environment for employees.
• Develops and implements leadership training programs for assigned staff (e.g. seasonal associates) both pre-hire and post hire.
• Determines the individual par levels for all food locations by season, assuring product orders are placed and received and maintains appropriate inventory levels.
• Maintains adequate stock levels and pricing of retail items and ensures overall organization and cleanliness in all retail locations within the water park.
• Assures that food and beverage equipment, assigned facilities (e.g. front of the house, back of the house), menu boards and vehicles (e.g. vans, motorized carts, non-motorized carts) are properly maintained and cleaned as necessary.
• Participates in special events as requested by Director of Revenue.
• Determines staffing levels for each food and beverage venue based on season, ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained through forecasting and planning; actively participate in recruitment/retention process and communicates any staffing needs to the Food and Beverage Assistant Director and/or the assigned HUMACare contact person.
• Coordinates seasonal scheduling and maintains associate records, adherence to uniform policy, associate rules and regulations and serves any disciplinary action when needed.
• Trains staff on inventory control, cash handling, register/computer operation, and customer service.
• Develops new programs to include new products, equipment, related training and staffing.
• Continually monitors sales data and expense data to ensure all revenue locations are operating within budget and striving/meeting seasonal goals set by the Director of Revenue.
• Coordinates product needs with Zoo’s Warehouse Manager and attends to any issues or challenges related to product delivery, quality, and/or pricing.
• Responsible for winterization of water park revenue facilities and equipment, as well as, set-up and preparation for upcoming seasons.
• Takes the steps necessary to be in compliance with any and all state, federal, local rules, regulations and/or laws.
• Acts as Manager On Duty as assigned by the COO.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and the Wilds.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline to apply is April 8, 2013. No phone calls or e-mails, please. Click the link below to apply!