Performs as the PGA Golf Professional in charge of all course operations and personnel. Manages clubhouse and outside operations to ensure high quality customer service , safety and profitability at Safari Golf Club.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 10 – 15 years as a golf professional required.
• 5 -10 years managing all course operations, including grounds and restaurant is preferred.
• Possession of a valid Class A Professional Golfers Membership Card (PGA) or valid Class A Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) card required.
• Ability to be proficient with MS Office OS, Pro Shop Keeper program and point-of-sale systems required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make It Great standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Manages golf course maintenance staff within budget including but not limited to interviewing, hiring/termination, and training. Manages daily operation of golf course clubhouse, pro shop, grill and outside operations, ensuring superior customer service and safety at all times.
• Manages the efficient use of the tee time in order to maximize the number of rounds that can be played in a timely manner.
• Ensures revenue (i.e. greens fees, leagues, pro shop sales, etc.) is collected and reported properly.
• Develops and manages a targeted plan to increase league play at SGG
• Develops and manages a targeted plan to attract and maintain catered group outings at SGC.
• Prepares, monitors and adheres to annual budget.
• Manages staff and volunteers including but not limited to interviewing, hiring/discipline/termination, training, assigning daily tasks/work schedules, timekeeping and coaching/counseling/development.
• Oversees the starter/ranger program to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and increase pace of play.
• Maintains positive working relationships with vendors, golf course, Zoombezi Bay and Zoo team members.
• Develops and administers golf instruction programs with special emphasis on junior golf programs.
• Conducts golf clinics and provides golf instruction.
• Fulfills all meeting and educational requirements for PGA membership.
• Ensures Safari Golf Club is clearly communicating play rules and policies and makes rules decisions for golfers in accordance with the USGA.
• Keeps in constant contact with the Grounds Maintenance Manager to evaluate daily course conditions and communicates course conditions to staff, volunteers and players.
• Constantly monitors weather and course conditions and reacts and communicates appropriately.
• Ensures building and property maintenance is performed when necessary.
• Purchases, prices and merchandises appropriate inventory for golf shop under direction of Senior Vice President of Zoombezi Bay.
• Works closely with community relations and marketing to develop marketing strategies to grow business.
• Develops, implements and maintains a comprehensive policy and procedure manual covering all facets of the golf course operation.
• Provides reports as needed to senior management.
• Embraces the Make it Great guest service standards and champions it for all team members.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and The Wilds.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Application deadline is September 20, 2013. No phone calls or e-mails, please. Click the link below to apply!