Manages the menu development, creation, implementation, quality assurance, recipe auditing and cost management for all Zoo properties.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree in Culinary Arts, restaurant management, or similar required.
• Minimum of five years culinary experience required.
• Minimum of three years of relevant supervisory experience required.
• Sanitation & safety certification required. TIPS certified required.
• Must have knowledge of Delaware County Health Department rules and regulations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations required.
• Ability to positively relate to customers, staff and visitors and resolve customer and employee problems required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding Make It Great standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications.
• Develops and implements menus including new and specialty items.
• Develops merchandising plans, establishes par levels, and identifies suppliers for all food locations by season, assuring product orders are placed and received and maintains appropriate inventory levels.
• Develops and implements regular staff training opportunities.
• Oversees food preparation
• Ensures cleanliness/sanitation and general upkeep of all food and beverage venues and equipment and ensures safety of visitors and staff.
• Assists in production as required by the Senior Food and Beverage Manager.
• Increases green initiatives throughout all CZA dining locations.
• Ensures the accurate maintenance of the menu and recipe database.
• Develops and maintains allergen lists.
• Recommends improvements and assists with the long term planning in the food and beverage operations.
• Guides and supports the Food & Beverage teams in the implementation and adherence of company’s standards and processes.
• Responsible for managing, motivating, training and supporting team members.
• Ensures quality assurance in Food & Beverage and culinary operations.
• Develops standards, processes and tools to assist in delivering consistent Food & Beverage experience.
• Communicates with and maintains a cooperative working relationships between food and beverage services and various internal/external entities.
• Takes the necessary steps to be in compliance with any and all state, federal, local rules, regulations and/or laws.
• Acts as Manager on Duty as assigned by the CEO.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and the Wilds.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will remain open until filled. Click the link below to apply!