Coordinates the day-to-day operation of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s (CZA’s) on-grounds digital network, including the coordination of all aspects of content production and delivery, while creating regular communication and reporting tools for network partners.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• B. S. business administration, journalism, marketing, communication or related field required. Three to five years successful experience in writing, editing and repackaging web content to provide quick, relevant information.
• Proficiency with computers and a variety of software packages linked to professional communications and publications required.
• Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential and personal information required.
• Must possess outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays, overnight travel and frequent off-site meetings required.
• Proven Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to balance multiple demands while maintaining excellent attention to detail required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it G.R.E.A.T. standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Proof of negative TB screening prior to placement and annually thereafter required.
• Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Responsible for writing, editing and repackaging web content to provide quick, relevant information.
• Serves as the initial point of contact for inbound requests regarding in-park digital media.
• Develops and executes initiatives to drive relevant, valuable content for the guest experience.
• Identifies and analyzes trends. Provides tracking and metrics to communicate activity to internal and external clients.
• Provides leadership and direction to network oversight committees and content development teams.
• Leads project management to ensure timely delivery of digital content assets from content development teams.
• Develops and maintains fluid understanding of the organizations strategic goals.
• Develop and maintain a fluid understanding of the guests’ daily visitation needs and the departments responsible for servicing those needs.
• Provides department leadership with regular reports on network effectiveness.
• In collaboration with other departments, develops network evaluation tools.
• Identifies potential opportunities for content and network expansion.
• Cultivates and maintains relationships with internal constituents.
• Serves as a resource for the Community Engagement Division best practices in digital content marketing.
• Provides leadership and work direction to seasonal team members and interns.
• Functions as a strong team member with other members of the Community Engagement Division by performing other duties as assigned including but not limited to other partnership activation, programs and events as directed.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and The Wilds.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline to submit application is Thursday, January 16, 2014. No phone calls or e-mails, please. Click the link below to apply!