Coordinates on-site and off-site events and promotions with the guest experience in mind for the purpose of driving revenue and increase brand awareness of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Course and the Wilds.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, marketing, communication or related field required.
• 1-3 years of special event planning experience preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it G.R.E.A.T. standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Efficiently and effectively plans, executes and evaluates assigned events costing additional dollars outside of general admission and a variety of community partnership events. This work would include but are not limited to: organizing event details (venue, entertainment, food, supplies, décor) and communicating with vendors/sponsors and all Zoo departments.
• Promotes events via advertising and works closely with the communications team to utilize variety of communication tools to publicize events.
• Prepares event operations plans and distributes to each Zoo department prior to the event.
• Ensures each event is kept on budget and revenue and expenses are tracked.
• Assists with evaluation of each event and suggests ways to enhance them and/or develop new events.
• Provides event summaries and reports as requested to the Director of Experiential Marketing.
• Provides work direction to marketing seasonal team members/interns.
• Hosts events on weekends, weekdays, evenings and holidays as necessary.
• Functions as a strong team member of the Community Engagement Division, as well as assisting in other areas.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and The Wilds.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline to submit application is Wednesday, March 12, 2014. No phone calls or emails, please. EOE.
Click the link below to apply!