Primarily performs general and preventative maintenance and inspections on all amusement rides, water rides and features, and attractions at Columbus Zoological Park Association properties.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of six months experience in maintenance work preferred.
• Technical school (2 year degree) in related field preferred.
• Level 1, 2, or 3 certification from the National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials or equivalent through an accredited engineering or technical certification program preferred.
• Licensure by National Swimming Pool Foundation’s Certified Pool/Spa Operator Course (CPO) or National Recreation and Parks Association Aquatic Facility Operator Course (AFO) may be preferred pursuant to work assignment.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it G.R.E.A.T. standards required.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Proof of negative TB screening prior to placement and annually thereafter required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required, as well as ability to operate standard shift vehicles required.
• Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Performs general and preventative maintenance and inspections on amusement rides, water rides and features, and attractions.
• Implements preventative maintenance programs based on the manufacturer’s requirements and best practices for all amusement rides, water rides and features, and attractions.
• Performs daily ride inspections and any necessary repairs for the safe operation of the rides and attractions including regular water quality inspections of all pools within Zoombezi Bay
• Completes routine daily, weekly, monthly, annual required/recommended maintenance schedules as required.
• Ensures that manufacturers’ maintenance and repair bulletins are completed and recorded in the equipment logs.
• Become familiar with and understand the “Laws and Rules Governing Amusement Rides in Ohio” published by the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Amusement Ride Safety Division pursuant to work assignment.
• Read, review and understand the rides’ and attractions’ manufacturer’s operation and maintenance manuals.
• Records all maintenance, inspections and repair activity in the appropriate equipment log.
• Operates motorized vehicles and specialized equipment related to job assignments and is responsible for attractions maintenance activities on any and all equipment assigned.
• May be assigned to provide work direction/leadership to seasonal associates.
• Provides support and assistance, as directed, to any and all activities related to special events such as Wildlights and Zoofari.
• Monitors buildings, attractions and environment for potential problems, reports them to supervisor, and recommends solutions.
• Participates in maintenance and repair activities for all facility buildings, rides, attractions and environments as directed.
• Shovels snow from walks and driveways and parking lots. Spreads salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup.
• Assures safety of self, staff and guests through regular participation in safety training and activities; compliance with standard operating procedures; and, proper attractions operation and maintenance of equipment.
• May work frequently with hazardous chemicals, including hydrochloric acid and liquid chlorine
• Attends daily/weekly meetings as required
• May assist other Facilities personnel when required.
• Participates in cross-training activities as directed.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and The Wilds.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Deadline for application is Friday, November 1, 2013. Click the link below to apply!