Provides safety, security and service by enforcing rules and regulations and takes action to eliminate losses at the Wilds.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Two-year technical school degree in law enforcement or related field preferred.
• Minimum of two years experience as a security guard or related occupation preferred.
• Current CPR, ERT and AED certification required.
• Ability to think and respond with good judgment, in all situations, including emergencies.
• Ability to be alert to potentially abnormal conditions.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Familiar with the use of digital camera equipment and software.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
• Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests.
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Wilds/Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
• Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
• Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment employment drug screening required.
• Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.
• Patrols Wilds grounds during open and closed hours to ensure employee, visitor and animal safety.
• Conducts investigations into liability, insurance and internal incidents, property damage and on-grounds motor vehicle accidents.
• Administers first aid and attends to any employees or visitors that are injured until medical personnel arrives using trained CPR, ERT and AED Wilds practices.
• Patrols buildings and grounds in designated areas and locks doors.
• Communicates appropriate safety information to staff through direct mail, bulletin boards, staff meetings, internal/external workshops and other viable means.
• Maintains alertness to potentially abnormal conditions and responds appropriately.
• Conducts in-depth investigations of all monetary losses, cash discrepancies and/or missing Wilds assets.
• Completes and maintains daily duty log, incident reports, worker’s compensation documents, community service time sheets, first aid documents, money transfer logs and lost and found documents and any other required paperwork.
• Maintains an inventory of locks and keys.
• Reviews and recommends improved methods of cash control and physical assets protection.
• Performs fire and safety inspections on a regular basis.
• Operates radio and utilizes any equipment required of the position.
• Maintains crisis management program.
• Makes daily money drops to the designated bank.
• Establishes cooperative relationship with local sherrif’s department to facilitate improved communication and emergency response.
• Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Wilds, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari and Golf Club.
• Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Click here to apply!